Tonight was pizza night in our household. But since it was a recipe from the Slimming World Fakeaway book and I don’t like the idea of plagiarism I thought I’d share an old favourite with you all instead 🙂
Behold! The Pzomlet! (Pronounced Pih-zohm-lett).
Yeah ok, so I do like recipes with stupid names. But this is truly a genius invention, even if I do say so myself.
It is, of course a pizza-topped omelette. But it is absolutely lush and VERY filling.
Serves 2-4 depending on your appetite
Syn Free if using the cheese as your Healthy Extra A (6 Syns if not) and Syn-free toppings
- 1 bag new potatoes
- 1 bag fresh baby spinach leaves
- 6 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 carton of passata
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 x HEA cheese allowance (I use 1 HEA worth of reduced fat mozzarella and 1 HEA portion of either light cheddar or parmesan)
- Plus whatever you want on it! The first time I made this I used leftover slow-cooked lamb and onions, ham, more spinach and spring onions. The second time I used onions, mushrooms, bacon, BBQ chicken slices and cherry tomatoes. Just remember to add any Syns for your toppings as appropriate.
- Boil the potatoes until soft, then drain and lightly crush (don’t mash) them
- Combine the potatoes with the eggs, spinach leaves and salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly
- Heat a large frying pan and spray with Frylight
- Empty the potato and egg mix into the pan and spread it all over the base. Cook for 5 minutes, then place under the grill for another 5 minutes to firm up the top
- Combine the passata, tomato puree, garlic granules and basil in a bowl
- Spread the tomato mixture over the top of the cooked omelette base, then add your toppings and cheese
- Finish under the grill for another 5 mins or until the cheese has melted.
Tah-Dah! Potentially Syn-free pizza night. You’re welcome 😉