Thankfully this recipe was already a staple in our house even before I joined my local Crookes Slimming World group.
The only thing that has changed over time is the cheese. And to be honest, if anything, it’s better now than it ever has been!
Turkey Stuffed Mushrooms
Syn Free if using cheese as your Healthy Extra A (otherwise 2-6 Syns per mushroom depending on type and quantity of cheese used – see note at end)
- 3 large Portabello flat mushrooms
- 500g extra lean Turkey mince (5% fat or less)
- 1 pack cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely sliced
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tube Primula with Chives
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
- Remove the stalks from the mushrooms. Chop off the very base and discard, then finely chop the remainder and place in a large bowl
- To the chopped mushroom stalks, add the chopped cherry tomatoes, sliced spring onions and raw turkey mince. Season well with salt and black pepper and mix well to combine
- Add approx 1/4 of the tube of Primula and mix well
- Spray a baking tray with Frylight and place the mushrooms onto it
- Fill each mushroom with the mince mixture, pressing it down into the edges
- Cook for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven and carefully drain off the liquid from around the mushrooms
- Top the mushrooms with the remaining Primula, distributed evenly between the three, then return to the oven for a further 10 minutes
- Remove from the oven and serve with your preferred sides (don’t forget your extra speed food!)
N.B. If you’d rather not use the cheese as your Healthy Extra, and want to save a few Syns, top each mushroom with a Babybel Light instead (2 Syns each)
You can serve this dish with pretty much anything. The feature image above shows carrot and sweet potato wedges and stir fried sugar snap peas. (With a tbsp of garlic mayo for 4 Syns).
Whereas the version below (using the Babybel Lights instead of Primula) is served with yellow rice, chopped runner beans, roasted carrots, onions and mushrooms.