And… She’s back!
I really am sorry about the semi-regular disappearing act. Seriously, ongoing health problems are a b*tch!! Not to mention the constant fannying around with the NHS…
Anyway, hurrah new recipe!
Had to change dinner plans at the last minute tonight after realising that the Sheffield Food Festival is on this weekend. I cannot resist, so that means Saturday is going to be a Strategy 1 day. Which meant that going out with my husband tomorrow night needed to be somewhere fully on Strategy 3.
For me that usually equals sushi. I love it. But Hubbie does not. Instead he’ll probably go for Katsu curry, and, not wanting to have two similar dishes in a row, that meant Slimming World curry was off the cards for tonight.
So, after a frantic flick-back through past magazines, an assessment of how many Syns I had left (not many) and the realisation I didn’t have everything in for most of the Kiev-style recipes, Garlic Rocket Chicken Excellence was born.
Thank goodness for Quark is all I’ll say!
Garlic Rocket Chicken Excellence
1 Syn per portion
- 2 large skinless chicken breasts
- 2 bacon medallions
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp reduced fat/light pesto
- 1 tub Quark
- 1/2 bag rocket leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 peppers, roughly chopped
- 1/2 pack mushrooms, quartered
- 1 bag baby plum tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
- Spray a large roasting tin with Frylight
- Place the chopped peppers, mushrooms and tomatoes in the roasting tin, spray again with Frylight and toss well to coat
- In a bowl combine the garlic, pesto, Quark and rocket and mix well
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and cut a slit into each one to form a pocket, being careful not to cut all the way through
- Stuff each chicken breast with the Quark mixture and tip up to make a boat shape, then cover the open cheese part with a bacon medallion
- Gently place the stuffed chicken breasts on top of the veg and roast eveything for 25-30 minutes
Pictured served with watercress mash 🙂
P.S. Did I mention I got my 4.5st award? Yeah, that too 😀