Oh. My. Gosh.
That… was pure indulgence. And sooooooo good!
I forgot how truly lovely a creamy sauce can be!
Let’s face it. Despite my last post, sometimes Quark and fat free Fromage Frais just don’t cut it. They have a kind of bitter after taste to them that you don’t traditionally get with a really creamy, cheesy pasta sauce.
But who says Slimming World means you have to go without?
Luckily today I had a lot of my Syns left, having been treated to a long walk and a filling jacket potato with my friend Rachel at lunch time. So using most of them on an indulgent cheesy sauce wasn’t a problem. The best bit is that it wouldn’t even be that indulgent if I hadn’t already had my Healthy Extra A for the day (but I am one of those people who can’t survive Friday without copious amounts of coffee)!
So I thought this one was definitely worth sharing. Especially as I’ve not been posting much lately and am desperately trying to get back into that habit…
1.5 Syns per portion if using cheese as your Healthy Extra A (or 7.5 Syns per portion if not)
- 400g dried pasta
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 mixed peppers, finely chopped
- 1 courgette, finely chopped
- 1/2 pack cherry tomatoes, finely chopped
- 150g vegetable stock
- 5 x Heck Chicken Italia Sausages
- 1 pack wafer thin ham, thinly sliced
- 150g tube Primula Original
- 1/2 tub fat free cottage cheese
- 4 tbsp Sainsbury’s Be Good To Yourself Creme Fraiche (Less Than 3% Fat)
- 1 tbsp dried sage
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 2 Babybel Lights, finely chopped
- 30g parmesan, finely grated
- Boil a large pan of salted water, add the pasta and simmer for approx 20 minutes or until just cooked ‘al dente’
- In another large pan gently fry the onions, garlic, peppers and courgette in Frylight
- When the onion is soft and translucent, chop the sausages into approx 5 peieces each and add them to the pan together with the sliced ham, stock, tomatoes and herbs and simmer for approx 10 minutes until most of the liquid is absorbed and the sausages are cooked
- Pre-heat the grill on its highest setting
- Add the Primula, fat free cottage cheese and reduced fat creme fraiche to the vegetables and mix well
- Drain the pasta and stir into the vegetables and sauce
- Tip everything into a lasagne dish and top with the Babybel light pieces and grated parmesan
- Grill for approx. 5 minutes until the cheese is melted and the pasta at the edges is slightly crisp
Mmmm… creamy, cheesy, garlicky pasta!